Personal Trainer: Ryan Kukura
Suburb of Residence: Cockburn
- AIF - Cert III and IV in Fitness AIF - Diploma of Exercise Science and Fitness Management.
- Swissball Instructor's Certificate
- Courses completed on the following
- Dealing with Back Pain
- Pre and Post Natal Exercise
- Power and Speed Training
- Postural Analysis and Correctional Exercise
Joined Edge Fitness (Year): 2005
Sports Played as a Kid: Karate, Baseball then I grew up and became involved in cycling (15years old) and started umpiring when I was 17
Sports Played or Fitness Activities Involved In: I have been a Boundary Umpire for the WAFL since 2001
- 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014 WAFL Grand Finals
- 2008 QAFL v WAFL State Game
- 2009 WAFL v SANFL State Game
- 2010 WAFL v VFL State Game
- 2011 Foxtel Cup Grand Final
- A life member of the WANFLUA
- Member of the WAFC 200 Club
- 2014 WAFL Boundary Umpire of the Year (Devine Medalist)
Sporting Ambitions: To Umpire AFL Football
Favourite Music/Artist(s): Motor Ace, Live
Favourite Movie(s): Remember the Titans
Favourite Books: All of Dan Brown's and Matthew Riley's books
Favourite TV Show(s): The Tour de France when it's on, most sports - well all sports. White Coller and Arrow recently.
Sporting Hero: Michael Jordan and Paul Mifka (West Perth Football Player)
Something interesting/weird about you: I have blond patches in my hair and a brown patch in my eyes.
Your training Philosophy for Yourself: You have to have a goal and enjoy what you are doing. Half the fun with my sport is the the training and the constant challenge to push yourself to improve. If you can work not only hard but smart, you give yourself every chance of reaching your goals.
Your training Philosophy for your Clients: The most important thing is that you have to have fun, if exercise is enjoyable you have already won the battle. Secondly set a goal, its amazing how much harder you work if you have a goal.
What do you love about being a Personal Trainer: The best thing would be seeing people who come from a very unactive lifestyle start to enjoy exercise, reach their goals and have fun along the way. The truth is you spend alot of time with your clients and not only do you become a big part of their lives they become a big part of yours. It's the clients who make my job enjoyable.
Part of my training group? Login here.